Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Reviews: Insider’s Guide And Report
Our Brooklyn Bedding mattress reviews take a look at the most popular options that this Phoenix, Arizona based company hand builds in America. Their reputation of offering the “mattress you never knew you wanted” has made them one of the trustworthy popular brands to buy online.
Domestically sourced textiles, foam layers, and pocketed coil components are shipped directly to the company’s facility and shipped out by the team on site. Brooklyn Bedding is one of few online mattress companies that doesn’t use third party fabricators. Because they don’t farm out their manufacturing, they can keep close tabs on quality control, shipping, components, and employ American workers.
I’ll walk you though some of the most popular options you can buy from Brooklyn Bedding, and give you the bullet points on each.
1. The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Hybrid Mattress Review
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress is basically a hybrid mattress made up of several foam layers above a pocketed coil system containing over 1,000 individually encased coils that help relieve pressure and distribute body weight.
Unlike many brands that offer hybrid foam/coil combinations, you can order from three different levels of firmness that aren’t confusing- soft, medium, and firm. We were eager to write our Brooklyn Bedding mattress reviews you can choose the perfect option.
COOLS SKIN TEMP TO 88°F, COPPER INFUSED FOAM IS ANTI-MICROBIAL AND HEALTHIER
For $1405.50 with my link below, you get a mattress made in Phoenix, AZ, in your choice of firmness with a 120 night no questions asked trial, hand built with some pretty state of the art components that deliver on comfort, pressure relief, and support.
Settle onto a quilted stretchy top fabric that is on the cutting edge of sleep research– delivering deeper, more restorative rest by reducing your skin temperature to 88°F.
Using fabrics and gel material sewn into the outer fabric, the quilted textiles allow your body to cool down to optimal sleep temperature, buy actively moving heat away from your body.
But, what makes the Aurora mattress so comfortable is the suspension built inside: an 8” core of up to 1,032 individually encased Ascension® coils that lift and elevate your body, which I found really reduces motion transfer between sleep partners.
You can sit on the edge of the mattress where the firmer coils are located and experience zoned support to your body where it is needed most.
I’ve reviewed a lot of pocketed coil mattresses that have foam layers built into them, but very few natural latex mattresses are made using individually pocketed coils.
Sleep studies show that pocketed coils in the “suspension” of a mattress, produce more REM sleep, which is the deeper sleep we all need to recharge our brain during the night.
Cooling Fabric, Stretchy, Pressure Relieving Foam, And Elevating Support
- Luxury smooth top covering that instantly cools and energizes your body. I like the initial feel of the fabric
- A 1.5″ inch later of a water based, copper infused foam that is antibacterial and instantly cools down skin temperature.
- A 2″ foam layer made with pressure relieving TitanFlex foam.
- A 1″ layer of swirled memory and gal foam for more pressure relief.
- An 8″ layer of supportive pocketed coils that is the heart of the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress.
- Foundation layer of 1″ high density foam inhibits motion transfer.
2. Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress Review
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress is a premium hybrid mattress that works equally well for back, side, or combination sleepers.
It was first designed as an all foam model, but was upgraded to a “hybrid” version with the addition of individually pocketed coils.
What makes it a bit different than other hybrid designs is the diameter of the pocketed coils, which are not as wide as other coil systems, offering more subtle and precise support and better pressure relief.
I like the fact that you can order it in your choice of firmness, soft, medium and firm, which really zeroes in on owner preference.
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress is also damn nice to look at it too, with a plush and cozy 1″ think pillow top that feels like a panda’s tummy. I loved it, and didn’t feel swallowed up by it either.
It’s well crafted, the stitching and construction is top drawer, and it’s made to last. Great curb appeal, especially for the money.
For The Money, At Just $936.75 In Queen, It’s Super Affordable, And Loaded With Tech
Brooklyn Bedding created a unique ingredient for their mattress line that is pretty different from other “slabs of foam” used in everyday bed in a box varieties, that really delivers on better comfort.
By varying the thicknesses and viscosity (density) of their TitanFlex™ foam layer, three versions offer a true variation on levels of firmness.
With many brands I’ve tested, too, there’s not a noticeable difference between soft vs. firm. That’s the best part of the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid model.
The soft is squishy sumptuous without feeling like you’re bottoming out, the medium meets you half way, and the firm is supportive and resilient.
Why The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Might Be Right For You:
- 3 Firmness Levels– Brooklyn Bedding has decades of mattress design experience understand where the “sweet spots” are for firm, medium and soft. I reviewed them all, but settled quickly on the medium.
- If You Sleep Hot- The Titan Flex foam doesn’t sleep hot, and is a mixture of a latex like material for springiness and bounce, mixed with a cooling gel foam.
- If you are looking for an affordable mattress from a respected American brand. Brooklyn Mattress is located in Arizona, and manufactures their product at their home base, not in China.
How It’s Made
- The exterior cover is quilted with a think layer of quilting foam making the initial feel softer and more inviting.
- Right up top, features Brooklyn’s hyper-elastic TitanFlex™ foam delivering a no-sink immediate response technology that adjusts to your body each time you move.
- Brooklyn Bedding’s infused TitaniumGel™ helps promote cooling by drawing heat to the sides of the mattress.
- A firm layer of high density foam right above the pocketed coil layer transition layer, offers both deep compression support and body contouring.
- The primary support layers is made up of as many as 1,024 individually pocketed coils that micro-adjust to every body movement delivering pinpoint pressure relief.
How To Choose Soft, Medium, Or Firm When Ordering A Brooklyn Bedding Mattress
One of the reasons I really like the Brooklyn Bedding Mattress lineup is that you can custom select from soft, medium, or firm.
My frame of reference is easy; really firm is a 10, which is a bit in between a carpeted floor and a half way decent futon mattress. BB firm is around an 8, though if you really like super firm, it’s more like a 7-8.
By far, the biggest selling firmness level is a medium, which is giving and yielding, with only a little immersion. You can easily turn from side to back, and you’ll get good pressure relief at hips and shoulders.
Choosing soft means you’ll nestle in a bit more, and you’ll get more of a “hugged” feeling. Choose soft if you are of typical height and weight. If you’re a larger person, stick with firm. Here are some detailed bullet points that’ll help you choose:
CHOOSE SOFT IF:
- You sleep mainly on your side
- You require more pressure point relief and gentler support for your body’s natural contours
- You prefer the feeling of being “hugged” by your mattress
CHOOSE MEDIUM IF:
- You are a combination back, stomach and side sleeper
- You prefer a balance between contouring and support
- You prefer the feeling of sleeping above your bed’s top layers
- You are a couple that need to strike a balance with your comfort preferences
CHOOSE FIRM IF:
- You sleep mainly on your stomach and/or back
- You prefer not to sink deeply into your mattress
- You require additional lumbar support
- You prefer a smoother, flatter surface for sleeping